Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Jessie Blue Crying Grave

Legend read on Shadowlands.net

Location of investigation: Parks cemetery, Hwy alt.17, Summerville, South Carolina

The Story: A toddler-age child is buried here. When you get to his grave, you hear crying. If you leave a toy on the grave, the crying stops.

Date of investigation: Nov. 27, 2010

Verdict: Peace and quiet

This is the grave stone in question for young Jessie Blue Hyatt:
I stood still for several moments, and even left and came back. I didn't hear a thing but traffic out on the nearby road. Also, unlike many other young children's graves, there were not toys all around it. You can see a small faded Xmas decroation toppled over on the right, and a small confederate flag stuck into the ground on the left, and that is all that was there. I sensed nothing out of whack, it was as peaceful as any other part of the cemetery.

3 comments:

  1. Jessi is a 2 1/2 month old baby girl, not a boy and certainly not a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there with my two daughters. My younger not being interested stayed in the Jeep while my older and I went to the grave. I have years of studying and researching the paranormal and have been to the grave by myself before and had absolutely no experience there whatsoever. However, when I went with my older daughter that was the first time I heard the crying, almost as if it was distant yet it sounded distinct enough and there were no cats around which can sometimes be mistaken for sounding like a crying baby. Shortly after we both heard the crying, we both felt a distinct presence that was unmistakable. Again, I’m very experienced so I knew I wasn’t overreacting as my daughter felt it first then I a few seconds after. I have been to many places reportedly haunted that were benign though this is one of the very few times I’ve visited a place that had been trumped up to being haunted that actually was...and I’d stake my reputation on it.

    ReplyDelete